It is important to you that you deal with your Separation respectfully.
You are searching for a way to avoid the drama that your friends have warned you about. You have decided that it is time to gather courage and face the breakdown of your relationship. You have made peace with the fact that things are never going to be the same.
We often meet with clients who find themselves in stressful situations, because they have put things off. They have wasted their energy stressing about their Separation issues, but have not previously sought help to fix them. Because of their delay, it feels to them like things will never get finalised. Whether talking about Custody of their children or how to protect their financial future through their Property Settlement, their anxiety at this point is crushing them.
It may have already reached the point where you feel overwhelmed. Where it depresses you when thinking about what to do next. It is essential that you do not get sucked into these feelings of despair. It is not too late. However, the time to fix things for yourself is now!
To survive your separation and avoid finding yourself feeling vulnerable, you need to take care of yourself. Tackling things holistically is the best way to make your Separation as stress free as possible. To do this, you will need to assemble a team. Just like the superheroes do when defending the world from a crisis in the movies!
You are going to need the following people in your corner:
- Your Friends & Family – to provide you with unwavering support and help for day to day issues that are causing you pain. Whether is to catch up over coffee or share a bottle of wine, it is your friends and family that will see you through the darkest times.
- A Psychologist/Counsellor – to provide you with unbiased and professional advice of how to deal with the grief of your Separation. Someone with the right skill set to provide you with the tools you will need to prepare for your new future.
- A Training Partner/Exercise buddy – it is important to take care of your health. It does not matter whether you prefer to hit the weights,do Yoga practice at home or take a long walk along the beach (with a furry friend) to relieve your stress. Pick something that works for you and make yourself a priority.
- A Financial Advisor/Accountant – your financial future is going to be different now. It is important that you get some assistance from those in the know so you can put plans in place for your future financial goals.
- A Family Lawyer – investing in good quality legal advice and guidance is a must. It may seem expensive at first, but it is only going to save you time and money in the future. Family Lawyers deal with separating families every day and because of this experience, they are aware of the tips and traps. This will be your key to surviving the legal process that comes with Separation.
Do something that your future self will thank you for and start taking some proactive steps now. Assemble your Separation team so that you can move through the process as quickly and as unscathed as possible.
You can start today by booking a free 15 minute phone consultation to find out more and to speak with us about making your Separation as painless as possible.